WHY JOIN MFGC/GLCI
The Missouri Forage and Grassland Council / Grazing Lands Conversation Initiative is an organization consisting of farmers, ranchers, educator, scientists, conservationists, industries and government agencies with a common interest in forages. MFGC/GLCI promotes the efficient use of forages through a variety of research, education and service programs.
Forages are vitally important to Missouri. More than half of the land area in the state is in forages. Forages make up two-thirds or more of the feed for livestock. Missouri forages provide food and shelter for wildlife, greatly reduce soil erosion and assist in protecting water quality.
Members of MFGC/GLCI Enjoy a Number of Benefits:
- Farm Tours, Pasture Walks and other Educational Programs
- Subscription to “Missouri Grasslands”, the quarterly newsletter of MFGC/GLCI
- $5.00 Discount is granted to members attending the Grazing Workshop at FSRC in Linneus, Missouri
- Registration Discount to the MFGC/GLCI Annual Meeting
- Membership Discount to AFGC which also includes a subscription to “Hay and Forage Grower”
- Discount on the cost of forage analysis at cooperating testing labs
- 25% Discount on all Website Design Services at Avalon Web Designs.
Mail your application to:
Attn.: Ann Demerath
5235 Gravel Point Road
Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Give us a call at:
Membership in MFGC/GLCI is only $35/year for individuals. This includes membership into the national organization AFGC (American Forage and Grassland Council). Corporate and trade memberships are also available.
Please make checks payable to:
Missouri Forage and Grassland Council
If you have any questions, please CONTACT US!